Here is a picture of the one I made. Its a little different than the standing tree branch, but it looks very pretty on the wall! Sorry for the low quality images... I don't have my camera. I painted it an avocado green color.
- tree branch with lots of smaller branches
- a small block of wood for the base
- power drill
- wood glue
- spray paint
How it works:
1. Clean the branch with hot water and a little bit of soap. Scrap off any dirt and weak twigs with a knife or sandpaper.
2. Drill a hole in the block of wood that is the same diameter as the bottom of the tree branch.
3. Fill the hole half way with wood glue and stick your branch in so it stands up straight. Hold it steady until the glue is almost finished drying.
4. Spray the entire branch and wood block with paint. You can also paint it if you like! I used acrylic paint and it worked fine, just may take a little longer.
Here are a few more examples..