Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dandelions and Picnins



I have not been able to post in a while. I have been super busy with art shows. I thought I would put pictures up from a recent picnic Gavin and I took. There was a plant and art sale going on at the arboretum in Tuscaloosa. This was the perfect opportunity to pack up our first picnic of the year. We gathered some delicious munchies, some cheese and crackers, a couple of apples and we were set. My little sister Lily came with us, she took these wonderful photos.



After a couple of photos Lily and Gavin could not help but frolic in the fields. They started throwing daisy's around and blowing out dandelions.








I just could not resist to capture this moment. I probably took five attempts to capture this picture, but it eventually worked. It was totally worth it.



Speaking of dandelions. How do you like my new main border with dandelions? I thought it was perfect for spring and summer. I am sure I will change it soon. I cant seem to design one that fits.





1 comment:

  1. Dandelions are cool plants in that there is a use for every part. The buds are great in soups and omlettes, the leaves in salads, the roots can be dried and ground up to make a coffee like drink, and the sap was once used to make a rubber like substance for tires. What you think is a single flower is actually several hundred flowers, and each flower produces a seed that floats away from it's "pin cushion" like home on a tiny parachute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails