Sunday, March 28, 2010

AppleSeed Vintage booth at Druid City Art Fest


AppleSeed Vintage made the front page of the Tuscaloosa News. Check out the article here. This past weekend I held an art booth at the Druid City Art festival. I had so much fun, it was unbelievable. I sold more than half of the items I brought out, it turned out to be a huge success, and I cant wait to do it again very soon. My sister Lily, and I held down the fort as the wind tried to blow over our display every chance it got. After I had completely duck taped down the mannequins and clothes rack I could get back to selling beautiful vintage clothes and handmade jewelry.



Here are a few pictures from the event.

So many people were curious as to how I have collected so many vintage items. Years worth of thrifting, antique shopping, and searching through y grandmothers attic was the answer.



I designed a business card the night before, and had about 40 of them printed at FedEx. I ran out of them within the first two hours of the event, so I had to keep writing out my store website on a piece of paper and handing it out. Here is the business card I designed.




My incredibly talented younger sister created these treasure/shadow boxes that she had for sale. Every single one of them sold except for the one that kept breaking when it was thrown around by thee wind. Lily also worked on wrapped crystals during the event, each time she finished wrapping a crystal and placed it on the table it would sell instantly.

I though it would be neat for you to create your own custom jewelry stand at the event. I displayed a few of my plates and candle stands so guests could pick their own design. Lily helped me glue them together, then you could pick them up when they were dry. There were a few people who put together the most unusual combination, I wish I would have taken pictures of them all.


Lovely ladies checking out my booth.




lily gluing all of the jewelry stands.


I enjoyed thsis experience so much! I cant wait to find some more art festivals to display my work. Special thanks to my boyfriend Gavin who drove everything around, helped me set up and take down, and even brought lily and I lunch on that sunny windy day. And thanks to Lily!! I could not have done it all without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails