Thursday, July 22, 2010

DIY Inspire to Loom





I want to share with you my oh so anticipated craft adventure. I have recently discovered the flower loom. I remember doing something similar to the loom with my mom, making woven hot pads
out of old fabrics with the square loom.

So, I ventured to Hobby Lobby in hopes of finding a cheap medium sized flower loom. Of course, the only loom they had came in a back of 3 for $30.00 NO thank you. I came home and searched ETSY...no luck...then EBAY and whabam! I found three different size looms for only $9.00. The looms even come with two vintage flower project books
(I was very excited about that).

I also picked up a huge bag of multi-colored yarn from
the thrift store for only $2.00.



etsy photo

I am so excited for my looms to come in the mail!
I am planning to make some hair pieces and brooches,
and possibly attempt a blanket.
I even found an ETSY seller online who recycles plastic shopping bags into beautiful pieces of art.
What an inexpensive way to create something beautiful.
Reduce, reuse, recycle for a sustainable future.
I know I avoid plastic bags whenever possible, but this is a neat way to recycle those you already have.


Recycled Plastic Bag Flowers by Strewth

So have I got you hooked yet? If not here is a simple tutorial to show you how easy and fun it really is.

Home EC. Vintage Flower Loom Tutorial.

What are your recent craft endeavors? Have a super weekend. I will be busy preparing for a HUGE garage sale.


7 comments:

  1. How FUN!!
    Can't wait to see what you make!
    Might have to try this, someday!
    xx, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! these are adorable. can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ♥ http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute crafty blog. I put your blog button on my blog. :) You don't have to do the same, I'm just telling you, your blog is way cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great craft idea! i'd like to try it, but i'm not very talented with stuff like this :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what you make! I love your blog too! So much inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks like soooooo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails